Monday 13 February 2012

You like Horror Stories?

I'm partial to the odd one or two myself. Anyway, here's a few horror writers I know that I think you might enjoy:

Lake Lopez is a little over halfway through a really rather good horror novel about a rather ... interesting guitar, which he's publishing on his blog in weekly instalments, along with various short horror stories. Well worth a read, IMHO. Take bug spray.

Dacre Stoker, author of Dracula the Un-Dead, a fantastic sequel to his great-uncle's book. Loved the ending, and loved the way he treats the title character, who (the historical non-vampire version) has had more than enough bad press.

Rick Gualtieri, author of, amongst other things, Bill the Vampire and Bigfoot Hunters, neither of which I have read but both of which sound excellent and both of which I am intending to read if I can find them in paper versions (since I am a philistine who doesn't have an e-reader) and get around to buying them. Anyway, he tells you more about them on his blog.

A couple of people I follow whose books I can't recommend only because I don't know much about them, but sound very interesting:
Guido Henkel, who's written some ghost hunter stuff.
Rob Cornell, who writes crime and horror. There's definitely some vampires in there.

If you have any recommendations, let us know in the comments.

4 comments :

  1. Hey, thanks so much for the mention (and double thanks to Elisa Hirsch for the heads up)! I very much appreciate it.

    Three of my books (including Bill the Vampire and Bigfoot Hunters) are available as Papebacks on Amazon. Bill's is consolidated on its kindle page (choose paperback format) while Bigfoot Hunters is still listed separately (takes Amazon a few weeks to consolidate versions).

    Ps seconded on Rob Cornell. I've read Darker Things, book 1 of his Lockman Chronicles series and it was quite good. Very enjoyable read for horror fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! Thanks for commenting.

    Rick: Thanks. I am definitely going to read them at some point, but it might take me a while to get around to it - I have a fair old reading list atm, and I'm less than halfway through Les Miserables, which is not only pretty chunky but also fairly tedious in a lot of places. Victor Hugo was an arrogant tw*t.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No prob whatsoever. I'm tickled pink to be on your TBR list period. Never been able to make it through Les Miserables myself. :)

    ReplyDelete